Friday, September 5, 2008

Eye update


Well, the eye exam didn't go quite as well as we had hoped. Zack's eyes got a little worse. He is now in the "Stage 2" category. I don't have many details this time because the eye doctor had already come and gone by the time we had gotten to the hospital, so I didn't get to hear what he thought.
So I turned to the internet to look up ROP (that is the term for what he has) and get more info on this. It helped a little, but I still just want to talk to the doctor and see how Zack's personal condition is... Anyway, if anyone is interested in looking more into it, the website I found is:

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/rop/index.asp

Anyway, Zack will be getting another exam on Wednesday, so we will see how that one goes.

6 comments:

Becca Jo said...

oh scary! We are thinking about you guys and little baby Zack!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

This makes me so sad!! I can't wait to come back to see him and you guys. We will keep praying for him too.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Thanks for the updates. We will keep you and Zack in our prayers!

Emily said...

I'll keep praying for him! I can't believe how big he has grown since I last saw him! Hooray!

Scar Belly said...

Jared and Ali - my heart goes out to you. I hope your little guy fights through it all and grows up to be happy and healthy!

Stew

Ryan said...

He'll do great... we pray for his little eyes every day :) He's really packing on the weight, though! What a show-off he is in his open-crib too!!
You guys are great! It was nice to have a break and go get dinner with you guys the other night..we'll have to make a tradition of it!
See ya soon...