Friday, October 3, 2008

We're home!!!!!

ZACK - DAY ONE:

ZACK - DAY NINETY-FIVE:

Today is October 3rd, 2008. The time is 4:30 PM and I am sitting here with Zack in my arms at home!!!
Zack has had his ups and downs in the NICU, and the nurses would all say that one day things would just "click", and sure enough it did. He has done so amazing the past 3 months and 3 days, that I couldn't be happier!
This week was a little rough, though. Zack had his eye test on Wednesday and his eyes got a little worse. He is now in stage 3 so we are far from out of the woods yet, but all things considered, we still got to take him home. He will have to have a follow up appointment next Thursday, so we will wait one more week!
Now the new adjustment of being home, during RSV season. We were told to basically stay home, limit taking Zack out, limit how many people are around him at one time, and disinfect/wash hands constantly... to name a few! I am sure we won't mind. Heck, we have lost time to make up for!!
Now if you don't mind, I am going to go cuddle up to my little boy!!!

13 comments:

Katie & Justin said...

Oh you guys!!! I am so excited for you! I got called off all this week so I wasn't able to see him after he figured everything out and before you took him home, but I am so happy that you finally have your sweet boy with you...I'll be watching the blog and hope you'll keep us updated!!

-Katie

Ashley said...

I can't believe I missed it! I'm crying right now :( I am SO very happy for ya'll and SO very proud. The NICU won't be the same...some of my happiest work days have been with ya'll and I'm sorry I didn't get to say Goodbye. My Grandmother died last Wednesday, and we flew home for the funeral and since I've been back, I haven't work... they're so slow!!! But congratualtions again! I know this is a very happy day!
Ashley
ashthomps@comcast.net

bigh said...

Here I am at 2:14 in the morning, and am crying with joy that fills my heart. I cannot describe what this whole experience has done to me. I am so proud of all of you. I look forward to many joy filled years with this little angel.

I love you,
Dad

ima10cow said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting!! :)

~Sara H. M.

www.waitimconfused.com

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

YAY for you guys!! I'm so happy he is home. I hope I am not one of those visitors that is limited! I will be there all the time....so much you will get sick of me. :)

The Escobar Family said...

Congrats you two. How awesome it must feel to have your baby home at last. Enjoy the sleepless night and all of the baby fun to come!

kristi said...

YEAH!! Welcome home Zack. We're glad you're doing so much better and that you are so much stronger. What a figher you are. Congrats!

Wanna be farm girl said...

We are so excited for you!!! Your days will be so wonderfully full!

The McDonald's

Maria said...

oh Happy Day!!! We can't wait to see him in person. Just let us know when it is OK!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

We are so happy you get to have your little boy home with you know. We somewhat know what the RSV season is like and will limit our visits to him to make sure he is heathly. We wish you well in the next journey of having him home.

Jenny said...

WE are so happy for you and your little family. It really is true that all these things give us experience...that we couldn't get any other way.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! can only imigine what you guys have been through. We wish you the best and pray for little zack. He is so sweet

Becca Jo said...

oh my gosh we are so happy for you! Guess what? My brother is marrying one of your nurses! Allison or Ally as we call her.

Good luck with everything