Tuesday, October 7, 2008


Well, since bringing Zack home on Friday, we have not slept!! Everyone told us to take advantage of sleeping through the night before he came home, and I thought we did, but nothing can prepare you for it until you just see for yourself! The biggest problem is Zack has his days and nights mixed up. The nurses warned us about that, but unfortunately, they didn't fix it before he came home. :>
I also have had so much fun taking pictures... not like I wasn't doing that everyday already, but somehow, having all the tubes off his face and body, makes a difference. And I love playing 'dress up' with him!! Jared makes fun of me, but I like to set his clothes out the night before (like he has somewhere to go or something!). It is just so much fun to have him home. We still miss being with everyone at the NICU... especially the fact that we didn't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night then!

3 comments:

kristi said...

It IS fun to try on all the fun clothes that you have. But yes - the sleeping thing is VERY hard. There is no way to prepare for it. Just take it a day (or a minute :) at a time. What a handsome little boy you have. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh! He is sooo cute! I understand about the sleep thing. You guys will get the hang out it. I promise! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Oh the dress up thing is the best. I still do that! The sleepless nights will also pass. I know it sounds crazy but try to enjoy these moments while he is little cause it will seriously go buy so fast. I don't miss not sleeping but I do miss the days when Logan was so little. Let us know if we can be of any help to you seriously.