Thursday, January 22, 2009

Last one ever!


I just wanted to get a quick post out there to send a few little prayers our way again! Zack goes in for surgery (hopefully the last EVER in his life!). It's a minor surgery though, so that is comforting. He has hernia's (he's had them since he was probably 2 weeks old. Very common in preemies.), so we have to have them taken care of. We will be at Primary Children's for the procedure and we have to stay overnight so they can monitor his progress with all the sedation/medication/etc.
So this should just be a walk in the park... but really, if we're being honest here, I am a mess! There is something to be said about the bond with your baby, and the fact that when he was in the NICU, I loved him so much but didn't actually have a strong bond to him since I could barely hold him. Now, we have a whole new ballgame here! I hold him everyday, he smiles at me because he knows me, and well, it's just not easy to hand him over to be put out!!!
So anyway, keep him (and me!) in your prayers yet again. Zack will be fine, it's me I'm worried about!! :>

3 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

We certainly will. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel even if it is 'minor.' You will be in our prayers and we hope that all goes well for both of you!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

Oh you have me in tears! I just hate going up to Primary's to get an ecco for Abby's heart murmur and that is nothing!! It is so hard to see your little one miserable!! I am so sorry..you are in our prayers and GOOD LUCK!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

SHOOT! I wish we would have known you were going to be there...we could have come to see you! I hope that everything went well with the surgery. Let's get together this summer, eh? Zack is soooooo cute!!!