Friday, November 7, 2008

4 month update


Today we went in for Zack's 4 month check-up, and that means shots! I think I am having a harder time dealing with them than he is. But if any of you have had kids, you know what this feeling is like when they stick that needle in their little body. Ouch is right!
Other than that, this check-up went well. I am happy to say that he is now weighing in at 6 pounds 1 ounce!! Now obviously for a 4 month old, that isn't very good, but considering we have come from 1 pound 4 ounces, I will take it!
Also, yesterday we went to the eye doctor (yes, we still aren't done with that one!) and things are looking really great now. Half of his eyes are "matured" now, but there is the other half that is slowly catching up. So we are "progressing out of stage 3" but still considered 'stage 3' at this point. I am hoping another 2 weeks will do the trick... but again, I have said that before!
Just for fun, I thought I would also add this in... since we came home on October 3rd, we have been to 10 doctor appointments!! Normal people don't go to the doctor that many times in ONE YEAR, let alone ONE MONTH! Good times...

8 comments:

Becca Jo said...

I always gave Eli tylenol or ibuprofen right before we went to the Dr for shot appointments. He's probably too little now but in a few months you can use that trick

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh man, that is fantastic that he weighs over 6 pounds now. And great news about his eyes. Way to go Zach!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Whoops, I really do know that his name is spelled Zack, not Zach. My bad.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

What a good mom you are to go to 10appointments. The important thing about the weight is that he keeps gaining right? He has come a long way. I am so glad to hear about his eyes and will keep hoping for more good news. We would love to see you guys when you are up to it!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

Oh isn't he just so cute! Yay for the weight gain and the eyes getting better. He better gain some weight fast so my baby will be smaller when he is born.

Anonymous said...

I love his little Onesie, Ethan has one like it and it is my favorite. We are all about comfort! Zack is growing up so fast.

Jared and Reini said...

Zach is getting so big! He is dang cute! I'm happy to hear about his progress- keep it up buddy!

Jer, Er and kids said...

I saw you yesterday and wanted to talk to you for a minute but when I finally rounded up my kids you were gone. I love all the cute pictures of Zack, what a doll. i hope everything is going well for your little family. Just a bit of info, I saw the cute picture of Zack with Joy, and thought you may want to know my sister had her baby last week so now Joy has 3 grandkids (she hasn't even been able to see little Elsie yet because they live in Virginia). I love seeing all the updates on Zack and your family!